Software Developer - Telemedicine Platform
Timeless Veterinary Systems® (TVS) is looking for energetic and well-round Software Developers who will excel at designing and implementing amazing medical applications for the veterinary market. As a Software Developer at TVS, your main goal is to:
- Provide advanced level hardware, software and systems support for the various veterinary specialists using the Timeless Veterinary Management System (TVMS) - Telemedicine Platform.
- Work on new features to improve existing products.
- Build and implement new software solutions and applications from the ground up.
- Perform analysis, design, implementation, verification, demonstration and maintenance of these products in a team environment.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Implement software according to internal and industry best practices.
Skills & Requirements
Education: Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or have equivalent work related experience.
Pertinent Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in the following technical areas / skillsets, with the capacity to learn new programming languages in a short amount of time. Relevant experience in the Healthcare I.T. Industry, e-Health and in the open source software community is an asset.
- Experience with Windows or Linux Server Environments.
- Experience with PHP Web Programming Architecture (LAMP / WAMP).
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, SQL, etc.), RDBMS.
- Experience with Local Area Network and Wide Area networking standards.
- Experience with digital video interfaces and standards to include HDSDI, S-video.
- Experience with medical imaging technologies including PACS, DICOM, and associated image types.
- Experience with Health Level-7 (HL7) standards and protocols.
- Experience with audio and video digital data compression methods and standards.
- Experience providing technical support over the telephone.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals to secure and / or provide information to clarify situations, resolve problems.
- Experience researching, planning, testing, documenting and resolving technical problems.
- Demonstrated experience assimilating complex technical concepts, terms and material and accurately explaining this material to non-technical clients.
- General project management skills, planning, documentation, installation, tracking, and acceptance and problem resolution.
About Timeless Veterinary Systems
Timeless Veterinary Systems® is part of the Timeless Group of Companies, which is a highly specialized software development company based in Charlottetown, PEI. Timeless Veterinary Systems’® main goal is to create truly groundbreaking products that have a major impact on the lives of veterinary professionals. We look and act a lot like a start-up company but we have the luxury of working within a successful and established leading technology company with some incredible investment and support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth- oriented.
Why work at Timeless Veterinary Systems®?
- Competitive salary, commensurate on your experience.
- Health care coverage
- Professional Development/Continued Education
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to work remotely
- Individual Development Plan (IDP) – you plan out goals for each year that will increase your knowledge and skillset, and use company time to work towards completing your IDP
Join our creative and innovative environment! You are encouraged to share and potentially develop your new ideas with the entire Timeless Organization, including the Project Management team, Quality Assurance and Sales and Marketing team.
If you are passionate about technology, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and aim to be a leader in your field, please apply today!